Tuesday 20 September 2011

Whilst creating this front cover I took aspects from both the Vogue and Q magazines of which I uploaded onto my blog. Both magazines had bright colours on the front cover. However, Q magazine was too cluttered with sell lines and I don't believe that is appealing to the reader.In addition, I find it much more appropriate to use only the main sell lines so that the reader is interested but doesn't know everything they want to know by just looking at the front cover. Therefore, after looking at the Vogue front cover I thought I would steer in that direction. I've made the mast head the brightest and largest thing on the page so it is the thing that people see first. The house-style is the same so that people can recognise the magazine and want to buy it. 
I've kept the same house-style throughout including font, colour and mast head. I will use smaller images on the contents page that relate to the sell lines on the front cover. I've seperated different categories with bright and bold banners so it makes it easier for the reader to find what they're looking for. When writing September issue I made a spelling mistake and when making my real copy I will spell it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment