Thursday 9 February 2012

Planning my article.

Mode: My double page spread will be an interview with the main subject, a DJ of whom has just finished their tour. The field of the interview will be the artists success, their tour, recent and upcoming projects and amusing anecdotes from back stage. I believe these subjects will be of interest to the reader as they are likely to want to get to know the artists as much as possible. 


Narrative voice: Throughout the interview I will include the first and second person narrative. The second narrative voice will be used when the interviewer is asking the questions and the first being used when the artist is answering. I believe this will allow the tenor between the artist and the reader to become closer and also feel much more relaxed and informal than if it were in the third person narrative. 


Introductory paragraph: This will also be in the second person narrative, it will make the reader feel as though the article is talking directly to them. Additionally it will add much more personality to the article and therefore making it much more interesting. 


Lexis: The language I will be using throughout the interview will be of an informal yet somewhat professional tone. When the artist is answering the interviewers questions they will obviously have their own idiolect. I want them to appear relaxed, however still excited about their up and coming projects, I also inevitably want them to be liked by the reader so I will therefore make sure their language is one of which has a lot of their personality being exemplified though what they say and how they say it. 


Additional information: I think it will be a good idea, (due to the fact my audience are likely to be passionate about the music inside the magazine) to also include further tour dates, websites and any extra information that may be of use to the reader. This will lead the reader into believing they are getting something really useful out of buying the magazine and it also makes it seem much more than 'just an interview'. 



No comments:

Post a Comment